100% Certified by Scholars and Scientists
After rigorous and careful testing, MAYA halal nail polish has been approved as “9-FREE”, several steps above the base standard “5-FREE” label, and as of 2017, the highest officially accepted standard in the cosmetics industry. 9-FREE means MAYA breathable nail polish is free of 9 harmful chemicals commonly found in cosmetics. Whereas other cosmetics brands may employ these dangerous chemicals in their products, MAYA is proud to be 9-FREE.
MAYA has been certified by IFANCA as 100% Halal Nail Polish. IFANCA is one of the world’s leading resources for halal information. Halal, when applied to food, is a dietary set of guidelines for Muslims living an Islamic lifestyle. Since 1982, IFANCA is committed to helping halal consumers through research, education, and advocacy. One of the services IFANCA provides to halal consumers is third-party halal certification.
- MAYA’s breathable nail polish has been scientifically verified to be water permeable by SGS Labs.
- Testing & Certification: SGS Labs conducts a full range of product testing of nail polish, such as water permeability, safety and functionality tests, to certification. SGS Labs’ aim is to ensure that Maya Cosmetics products are as good at protecting consumers and meeting their expectations as we claim.
- Inspection: SGS Labs do production checks before, during and after production, as well as retail store checks to verify the quality of your raw materials and production, marking and packaging, and product presentation.
- Has been verified as 100% Halal, and 100% Wudu-Friendly, as well as given a halal nail polish fatwa, by numerous scholars.
- Prior to the creation of porous nail polish, Muslim women were not allowed to wear nail polish because it interferes with wudu or ablution — the Islamic procedure of washing parts of the body before prayer. If you have nail polish on that is non-porous, that may not be considered halal. Luckily today Maya Cosmetics offers an alternative - a fully breathable halal nail polish.
Has been verified by PETA as being animal-free and vegan-friendly halal nail polish.
All of our products have been FDA-regulated and approved, and we are proud to meet the highest standards of safe cosmetics. None of our products carry the following harmful toxins: Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Xylene, Ethyl Tosylamide, Parabens, and Acetone.